Fabulous Fifth Grade's Pinterest

Friday, July 22, 2011

A New Begining ...

As we begin this new school year, I love to look back on the last and reflect on my improvements as a teacher. Last year was my first year. I can remember back to last year at this time. I had just received my first job. I was full of wonderful ideas (too many to use). And I really had no idea how to actually start a school year. Looking back, I can see that I didn't exactly start my first year on the right foot. I felt like I was having to react to everything. One goal I have for this year is to be proactive. I want to fix problems before they even occur.

So with this new beginning, I wanted a new classroom theme, layout, and management system. Here are a few of my classroom pictures from last year. I'm currently researching ideas right now for this year. I will post pictures very soon!

As a first year teacher, my classroom library was very very small!

I went with a Hollywood theme. This board was used all year to celebrate accomplishments (i.e. A's, distinguished work, special awards, etc.).

Used paper to cover these horribly ugly cabinets. This year I'm considering painting these.

Sticking with my theme.

Classroom helpers board.



My desk :)

These actually stayed pretty organized all year!

1 comment:

  1. My bulletin boards could really use some help right now. Thank you for sharing these fantastic boards.
    Dawn
    http://www.literacymathideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete