Fabulous Fifth Grade's Pinterest

Friday, July 29, 2011

Native American Housing Project

Since I've only recently started this blog, I wanted to go back into last year and share some lessons and activities that I used in my classroom. One big part of fifth grade in Kentucky is social studies. I am the lucky teacher that gets to teach this. I absolutely love teaching social studies to fifth grade. I've always been a fan of American history and now I get to share that love with my students. Here is a project that I did with my fifth graders last year.




I was so impressed by how the students took this take home project and ran with it. The parents really loved this too! It was a great reason for students to spend some quality time with their parents. I couldn't believe how creative some students got with this project. I saw everything from used folders, straws, aluminum cans, sheets and even clay. Every single students submitted a project. Even if a parent couldn't come up with supplies I pitched in to help out. I didn't want one student to miss out because they weren't as fortunate as others. The students were so proud of their projects. We displayed them in the library for about two weeks after they were turned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment